2014 Earth Festival
How to Celebrate, Learn, Grow – 5th Cherry Hill Art Blooms Earth Festival
Historic Croft Farm in Cherry Hill will be filled with activity at the 5th¬† Cherry Hill Art Blooms Earth Festival, Saturday, April 26, 2014 ‚Äď rain or shine. More than 90 displays, vendors, and activities along with an e-waste recycling collection will be part of the family-friendly event that includes bike rides, entertainment, healthy food choices, a Phillie Phanatic appearance and more. Admission is free. The annual event is a collaboration between Cherry Hill Township and Sustainable Cherry Hill. The event marks the start of the annual Art Blooms in Cherry Hill event April 26-May 10. More information is available here.
1. Register & Ride- Bring family, friends and neighbors ages 8+ for the 2 & 9-mile Family Fun Bike Ride. Pre-register here or register 8 a.m. across from Croft Farm @ Challenge Grove. Everyone must wear a helmet.
2. Recycle E-Waste: electronics recycling by E-Force on Bortons Mill Road. (No TVs, glass monitors, smoke detectors) + recycle: wire hangers; plastic shopping bags -to be turned into pellets for building applications, sneakers, shoes, batteries AND bring non-perishable food for the Cherry Hill Food Pantry.
3. Move to the Music: Entertainment on two stages starts at 9:40 a.m. + all-day -Little Stevie & His Electric Mojo near the Croft Farm sculpture & The Phillie Phanatic at 12:45 p.m.
4. Plant & grow: several displays including presenting sponsor Ravitz Shoprite with free or low-cost plants; plant exchange-bring your extra garden plants and take new ones home; pick up free township compost.
5. Visit the Earth Festival sponsors & all displays: enjoy all-things green; Sign up for a discounted home energy check-up with Hutchinson; get a LourdesCare chair massage and health tips; Learn about Ravitz ShopRite’s green¬† & organic programs. Check out our full list of 90 vendors and educational displays here.
New this year is an Ambassador Corps of volunteers ‚Äď many are Cherry Hill high school students completing community service hours. The Sustainable Cherry Hill executive board will welcome visitors to contribute to a large display and create a ‚Äėpost-it‚Äô declaring ‚ÄúOne Thing‚ÄĚ they hope for in protecting and preserving the environment.
A team of creative volunteers will fan out during the festival to encourage visitors to express their thoughts about protecting the Earth. The festival‚Äôs ‚Äėartist in residence,‚Äô Caley Vickerman, a leader of ‚ÄúGuerilla Haiku‚ÄĚ will lead the students in creating an Earth Festival haiku clothesline display and¬† a black-top area for chalk haiku art.
The many Earth Festival displays include:
- Free seed planting
- Crafts and other items for purchase made from recycled or re-purposed goods
- School-based projects focusing on sustainability
- Ways to conserve energy for homes and small businesses
- Health & wellness information including LourdesCare chair massages
Entertainment takes place starting at 9:40 a.m. and lasts throughout the day featuring students from Mann, Kingston, Rosa, and Carusi schools, and professional performers ‚Äď The DG Band, Little Stevie and his Electric Mojo, Haley Alexandra, RC Rosell, The Cherry Hill Pine Barons Barbershop Chorus along with groups from Kobukan Karate, Dance Arts Cherry Hill, Kempo Family Fitness and Happy Feet Dance Studio. The Phillie Phanatic goes ‚Äúgreen‚ÄĚ on the festival grounds about 1 p.m.
Other festival events include:
- Family and kid fun: moon bounce, face-painting (fee) and free carnival games
- Healthy food selections from Chimp Aid Caf√©, J-Dogs
The festival is made possible in part by generous presenting sponsors: Hutchinson Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, LourdesCare of Cherry Hill and Ravitz Family Foundation; Leadership sponsors include: Sustainable Camden County, Investors Bank,¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† M. Rosenblatt Roofing and Flaster Greenberg. For more Earth Festival information, contact Brenda Jorett, Brenda@brendajorett.com. Hear a KYW Newsradio segment about the Earth Festival. Read a Philadelphia Inquirer Earth Festival preview here.
ENTERTAINMENT begins at 9:40 a.m.:
- Rosettes and Close Harmony from Rosa International Middle School
- Kobukan Karate
- Kingston chorus
- The DG Band
- Dance Arts Cherry Hill
- Kempo Family Fitness
- Haley Alexandra
- Cherry Hill Pine Barons Barbershop Chorus
- RC Rossell
- Happy Feet Dance Studio performers
- Mann Elementary School
- Carusi Jazz band
On the Earth Festival grounds all day- Little Stevie and his Electric Mojo
The 5th Cherry Hill Earth Festival is receiving national exposure as a partner with the EARTH DAY NETWORK. The non-profit organization this year is focusing on The Green Cities Campaign: The¬† campaign “will mobilize key constituencies globally to create new and widespread support for environmentally progressive policies.”
Welcome to our 2014 Earth Festival Leadership sponsors:
2014 In-kind sponsors:¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†¬† Leaf Sponsor¬†
Enjoy a photo collage of the 2013 Earth Festival
Contact: Lori Braunstein, founder and president of Sustainable Cherry Hill
Brenda Jorett, 2014 Earth Festival Producer; Sustainable Cherry Hill Executive Board
<!–[if gte mso 10]>